Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Chapter 2-Getting Inspired..

Getting inspired..
There use to be a popular T.V. show called  "Khana Khazana by Chef. Sanjeev Kapoor". Earlier it used to come just on weekends and runs today on a 24x7 chanel called "FOOD FOOD".Sanjeev Kapoor,is one of the Chef, whom I will always be grateful to, he managed to bring cooking from the walls of  five star hotels to home kitchens,  that has made the show a success hit for more than 20 years and counting.  
It used to be my Mom's favorite show, no matter where she is, she always got the timings right, we used to watch the show together with the rest of the family. I was a kid, but unlike other kids who ask their mom "Can you make this for me?", I used to look in the eye of my partner in crime, my maid Shabana, "Didi(elder sister)can we make this in the evening? ". We would quickly go through a checklist of what things were not available in the kitchen, to prepare the dish and buy them from the grocery store nearby.
Apart from T.V. shows, something that use to catch my eyes were, mouth watering dishes in "Womens's Era" magazine that I used to sneak into, I used to read the recipes and then judge its complexity, then decide to try to make it or not.Me,Sneha (my sister) and Didi,
used to have fun together. My Dad used to prepare us a meal once a week, mostly Saturdays where Mom had a half day at school and Dad used to be off. This was my childhood, all filled with flavours, colours, aromas, authentic tastes and house where cooking and eating was nothing less than a celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 4-NCHM-JEE & Aunty Lucy

NCHM-JEE National Council of Hotel Mgmt. Joint Entrance Exam...  One exam that every Hotel Mgmt. student aspires to crack, putting in month...