Education...
I grew up studying. Being an average student at school, was not certain of what to do? However, becoming a Chef was never in the list. I studied Science at Higher Secondary level and appeared for entrance exams in various fields, Management Studies, Medical and Engineering.Management studies was an emerging market in 2006, providing good well paid jobs, Medical on the other hand was a great option, but yes getting admissions called for extraordinary marks or extra ordinary bank balance, Engineering was a great option, but the markets were saturated enough with, lots of them ending up jobless or very low pay.
One fine day I was introduced to a career councilor "Mr. Prakash Almeida", he has been my personal mentor since then. He is a highly knowledgeable gentleman, with huge number of degrees and accolades to his name. I used to visit him frequently and ask him how to go around with admissions for various fields and colleges, and he would patiently talk to me. He stongly believed and advocated, nothing is impossible, all one needs to do is try.
One fine day I asked him about Hotels& Hospitality , that's where the journey began. I was trained well to secure positions, in Maharashtra State Board Entrance test for Hotel Mgmt, and few other college entrance test.
I grew up studying. Being an average student at school, was not certain of what to do? However, becoming a Chef was never in the list. I studied Science at Higher Secondary level and appeared for entrance exams in various fields, Management Studies, Medical and Engineering.Management studies was an emerging market in 2006, providing good well paid jobs, Medical on the other hand was a great option, but yes getting admissions called for extraordinary marks or extra ordinary bank balance, Engineering was a great option, but the markets were saturated enough with, lots of them ending up jobless or very low pay.
One fine day I was introduced to a career councilor "Mr. Prakash Almeida", he has been my personal mentor since then. He is a highly knowledgeable gentleman, with huge number of degrees and accolades to his name. I used to visit him frequently and ask him how to go around with admissions for various fields and colleges, and he would patiently talk to me. He stongly believed and advocated, nothing is impossible, all one needs to do is try.
No comments:
Post a Comment